Thursday, August 22, 2013

Applying Visa for visiting Sweden at Swedish Embassy Jakarta Part II

So, I finally got my visa! And actually now I'm already in Sweden, sorry for  the very late update.

The process for applying visa is actually very quick. You mad appointment for an interview, prepare your documents, then go to the embassy for the interview. It usually takes around 2-3 days for your application to be processed, depending on how many other people who are also applied. Unfortunately there was a group of people that also applied. Looks like they are junior football team who will carry out a match in sweden. The officer said I should check my visa application in the next 7 days after the interview.

The interview was not as complicated as I imagined. The waiting room in the embassy office is not so big, it only fits for six people. So I waited in the building lobby first before I was allowed to wait upstairs. After waited for about an hour, finally I went to the interview room. The embassy officer just asked to verify what you write on your application and make sure that every documents were complete. When I was being interviewed, the officer noted that I still need to present my photo even though they took my photo at the interview. Then there was something wrong with my travel insurance policy. Even if I'm only going to Sweden, the insurance policy needs to mention the destination to "Schengen countries". So I had to contact the insurance company to ask for an endorsement letter to change the destination in my travel insurance policy. Both photo and the letter should be presented when I collect my visa.

After one week I contacted the embassy office to ask if my visa had been approved and when to collect it. Turned out the embassy officer said I can collect my visa today. So I went to the embassy office, got my visa and my passport!

0 comments:

Post a Comment